We want everyone to use our tools safely and responsibly. That’s why we’ve created usage policies that apply to all users of HelpMeFindLaw's tools and services. By following them, you’ll ensure that our technology is used for approrpriately and for good.
If we discover that your product or usage doesn’t follow these policies, we may ask you to make necessary changes. Repeated or serious violations may result in further action, including suspending or terminating your account.
Our policies may change as we learn more about use and abuse of our tools and services.
Disallowed usage of our models
We don't allow the use of our tools or services in a manner inconsistent with the usage policies of OpenAI.
We don’t allow the use of our models for the following:
- Illegal activity:
- HelpMeFindLaw prohibits the use of our models, tools, and services for illegal activity.
- Child Sexual Abuse Material or any content that exploits or harms children
- We report CSAM to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- Generation of hateful, harassing, or violent content
- Content that expresses, incites, or promotes hate based on identity
- Content that intends to harass, threaten, or bully an individual
- Content that promotes or glorifies violence or celebrates the suffering or humiliation of others
- Generation of malware
- Content that attempts to generate code that is designed to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system.
- Activity that has high risk of physical harm, including:
- Weapons development
- Military and warfare
- Management or operation of critical infrastructure in energy, transportation, and water
- Content that promotes, encourages, or depicts acts of self-harm, such as suicide, cutting, and eating disorders
- Activity that has high risk of economic harm, including:
- Multi-level marketing
- Payday lending
- Automated determinations of eligibility for credit, employment, educational institutions, or public assistance services
- Fraudulent or deceptive activity, including:
- Coordinated inauthentic behavior
- Academic dishonesty
- Astroturfing, such as fake grassroots support or fake review generation
- Adult content, adult industries, and dating apps, including:
- Content meant to arouse sexual excitement, such as the description of sexual activity, or that promotes sexual services (excluding sex education and wellness)
- Erotic chat
- Political campaigning or lobbying, by:
- Generating high volumes of campaign materials
- Generating campaign materials personalized to or targeted at specific demographics
- Building conversational or interactive systems such as chatbots that provide information about campaigns or engage in political advocacy or lobbying
- Building products for political campaigning or lobbying purposes
- Activity that violates people’s privacy, including:
- Tracking or monitoring an individual without their consent
- Facial recognition of private individuals
- Classifying individuals based on protected characteristics
- Using biometrics for identification or assessment
- Unlawful collection or disclosure of personal identifiable information or educational, financial, or other protected records
- Engaging in the unauthorized practice of law, or offering tailored legal advice without a qualified person reviewing the information
- HelpMeFindLaw’s models are not fine-tuned to provide legal advice. Large Language Models suffer from a well document problem of 'hallucinactions' where they may make up results. You should not rely on our services or tools as a sole source of legal advice or information. Sources are provided where known for you to conduct necessary due dillegence.
- Offering financial advice
- Telling someone that they have or do not have a certain health condition, or providing instructions on how to cure or treat a health condition
- You should never use our models to provide diagnostic or treatment services for serious medical conditions.
- HelpMeFindLaw’s platforms should not be used to triage or manage life-threatening issues that need immediate attention.
- High risk government decision-making, including but not limited to:
- Law enforcement and criminal justice
- Migration and asylum
Any use of the outputs of HelpMeFindLaw, for example and generated text or summarisations; and where else warranted, must provide a disclaimer to users informing them that AI is being used and of its potential limitations.
- 2023-06-27: Initial release